Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

What's on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's on?

Post  GrumpyBodger on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Again this year I'm planning to be at "the Show" in Malvern.
I'd like to make the most of my visit to the Land of Motor Sport so need to know what other events will be taking place, let's say up until the end of May & preferably Historic Racing.
Anything commutable from a Bristol base for a one day'er or an overnight.
Any tips or links welcome.

Thanks
John

P.S. Please don't go upsetting those French Fishermen
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's on?

Post  TimS on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:41 pm

John,
Have a look at www.mallorypark.co.uk there's bound to be something on that takes your fancy, usually the 750 MC is one of the first to put on a meeting.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks Tim, will do!

Slowly but surely I'm thinking you may have shares in that Circuit

I don't suppose there's a hope in Hell that Donington will be up & running by then

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

Hi John,

Yes there is some hope for Donington.

I had a long chat with Kevin Wheatcroft the other day and he told me that he expects to make an announcement about the new lease holder in early March. They apparently plan to have the circuit up and running (to the 73-09 configuration) as soon as possible.
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 pm

YES!!

Thank you.
I'll now keep a careful Eye on their Website, although in the past they were not very good at keeping it up to date. They should now, under the circumstances, consider regular updates.

Cheers
John

PS Has the Exhibition Centre actually been ripped down?
I hope that the Annual Lotus bash can return there

PPS What are the VSCC doing at that time of year Mike
GrumpyBodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 pm

[quote="GrumpyBodger"]Thanks Tim, will do!

I don't suppose there's a hope in Hell that Donington will be up & running by then

Cheers
John

Now there's a thought, maybe I should get some shares?...maybe not. I just like going there because it was the first circuit I ever went to with my Dad & Grandad, I've always continued to enjoy the atmosphere and the 'friendly circuit' theme - and where else can you see the whole track from one vantage point, get a proper home made style lunch and afternoon's entertainment for 20 I also have an old friend - Mad Mick Leeson - who often goes with me and has done for 45 years, he also likes to grump and put the world to rights, we stroll around the pits talking to all and sundry, generally having a great time sitting on our chairs at the hairpin watching some truly close racing. Even better because we always travel there in a Lotus or something else interesting - a Ferrari 308, or even a '67 Marcos.
I'll look out for you if we go when your over here.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 pm

[quote="TimS"]
GrumpyBodger wrote:Thanks Tim, will do!

Cheers
John

Now there's a thought, maybe I should get some shares?...maybe not. I just like going there because it was the first circuit I ever went to with my Dad & Grandad, I've always continued to enjoy the atmosphere and the 'friendly circuit' theme - and where else can you see the whole track from one vantage point, get a proper home made style lunch and afternoon's entertainment for 20 I also have an old friend - Mad Mick Leeson - who often goes with me and has done for 45 years, he also likes to grump and put the world to rights, we stroll around the pits talking to all and sundry, generally having a great time sitting on our chairs at the hairpin watching some truly close racing. Even better because we always travel there in a Lotus or something else interesting - a Ferrari 308, or even a '67 Marcos.
I'll look out for you if we go when your over here.
Cheers,
Tim.

Will see what can be arranged Tim. I am actually also a great Fan of Mallory (as you well know).
Joining up with Mad Mick & Grumping you out of you mind sounds like an interesting challenge.
There are not many places to run to at Mallory are there

Cheers
John

PS Now looking at booking Ferry Tickets; don't tell the French!!
GrumpyBodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: